I just realized literally an hour ago that I started this dang blog a year ago today. So, in celebration, here are a few bits of TAL trivia you can employ at your next party or social event if you want to break the ice and subsequently freeze it right back over.
I started the blog due to relentless encouragement from my coworker and bro (broworker), Michael. I had been finding gifs, pairing them with headlines, and sending them to him for months and measuring my success by how visible his laughter was. Thanks for that, dud.
I started the blog, made a few posts, he posted a link to our agency’s Facebook page, and we sent the link to friends. It spread like wildfire from there.
As of this moment, in the past year:
- 970,313 individuals have visited the site
- There have been 3,212,363 total visits
- With an average of 4.81 pages viewed per visit, there have been 15,440,584 pageviews
- The US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Brazil, South Africa, Finland and Sweden make up the top 10 countries that visit the site regularly
- New York, London, Chicago, Sydney, Toronto, Paris, San Francisco, Melbourne, Dallas and Singapore are the top 10 cities to visit regularly
- Tumblr followers - 13,996; Twitter followers - 11,676; Facebook fans - 11,495
- It’s been posted and/or tweeted about by Agency Spy, Adland, Adfreak, Taxi, FastCo, various Egotists, and others
I’m not saying any of this to brag. If anything, it’s in praise of you. Thank you so much for reading, sharing, submitting, and generally engaging with me on a daily basis. It’s been a blast and as long as you want it, I’ll keep doing it.
I’m the guy, you’re the beer:Tweet